Molecular Biology and Genetics
1) About the Program
Molecular Biology and Genetics program aims to produce unique and sustainable solutions to the problems of today's society by applying molecular biology, biotechnology, genetics, bioengineering, microbiology, biochemistry and cell metabolism and basic engineering and materials sciences to living systems and their derivatives. This field allows us to obtain detailed information about the functioning of molecules, cells, tissues and organisms. These developments are effective in the progress of studies to diagnose and treat human diseases. In light of these developments, it is important to educate today's students in the fields of molecular biology. Istanbul Medeniyet University Molecular Biology and Genetics Master Program is able to provide a broad and deep education in biological sciences. The Master's Program in Molecular Biology and Genetics offers advanced cell and molecular biology and genetics courses as well as elective courses in areas such as cancer biology and biotechnology. The Master of Science (MSc) program is a research and application-oriented program that will allow interdisciplinary studies. Throughout the program, students are trained to contribute to research and development issues related to current topics in molecular biology, biotechnology and genetics with productivity and critical scientific thinking. Students will have advanced expertise in the fields of science they work in, and capacity in solving problems within the broader field of molecular biology and genetics and biotechnology in their respective fields.
2) Acceptance Terms
- Having a bachelor's degree in one of the related fields; Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Food Engineering, Biomedical, Chemistry Departments and Faculty of Medicine.
- Having at least a score of 70 for the academic staff and graduate education entrance examination (ALES), Quantitative (ALES-SAY) score type.
- Having at least at least a score of 60 for the Foreign Language Exam (YDS) or any other English language exam accepted by Council of Higher Education (YÖK)
3) Competencies of the Program
Graduates of this program are expected to have the following qualifications:
1. To be able to examine the scientific problems in the field and to be able to design, conduct experiments, collect, analyze, conclude and interpret data independently or in groups,
2. To be able to interpret the knowledge obtained in the field by integrating the information from different disciplines and to create new information,
3. To be able to follow the developments in the field of molecular biology and genetics with a critical approach, following the innovations and having awareness of lifelong education,
4. To be able to communicate in English in written and oral form.
5. To be conscious and responsible about occupational, environmental, ethical and quality issues
4) Academic Staff
Prof. Dr. Turgay ÇAKMAK
Prof. Dr. Nihat DİLSİZ
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nagehan ERSOY TUNALI
Assist. Prof. Dr. Filiz KISAAYAK ÇOLLAK
Assist. Prof. Dr. Cihan AYDIN
Assist. Prof. Dr. Ümmühan DEMİR
6) Graduation Requirements
The Master's program consists of compulsory and elective courses, proficiency exam, thesis proposal and thesis defense exam in accordance with the Regulation on Graduate Education at Istanbul Medeniyet University. A total of 120 ECTS credits, including 60 ECTS of course load and 60 ECTS of thesis work must be completed successfully for graduation.
7) Employment Opportunities
Our graduates can be employed in academy, food, medicine, health, environment, energy and agriculture fields.
Prof. Dr. Nihat Dilsiz
Phone: +90 (216) 2803214